Friday, April 4, 2008

Up to Date


The week has flown by and I have only a few minutes to catch up on our developments. I regret that I missed the opportunity to celebrate April Fool's Day by writing something witty and deceptive for the blog, but I guess we have been busy. On Tuesday we finally bid bye-bye to my mother's mother's mother's mother's bed and dresser, the white elephant that has been our guest room furniture for over two years. Andrew and Karen have generously agreed to house the beast of a bedroom set so we can turn our guest room into a sibling room. We begin renovations this weekend. The paint all contains toxic levels of lead, so I am a bit nervous. But Jasper apparently has lived with lots of lead so far, and his blood tests clean with no signs of delayed brain development. Wednesday we had an overnight visit from Regan, Ben, Otter and Nia. Jasper is enamored with one year old girls, and Nia is no exception. We relished the visit, as they will be moving to Anchorage, AK next month. My mother (Meme) arrived yesterday to help out for five days. We took advantage of being in Manchester to pick her up at the airport, and stopped by the Currier Museum of Art, recently opened after two years of renovations. We did a thirty minute walk-through, Jasper tugging at our hands the entire time. He gravitated towards the "spooky" paintings, and a small bronze sculpture of Theseus slaying the Menataur. Josie seemed partial to the still lives of fruit.

Yesterday we walked to the museum in shirt sleeves, marveling in the bare ground and flattened brown grass. Today, you guessed it: snowing again.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Sorry we're not there to help with the project... although sounds like you've got a full house!! love, -A&K