Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hurray for Meme!

mo

It has been a hectic weekend of home repairs. On Saturday we launched into wallpaper removal in the guest-soon-to-be-sibling room. Sarah and Ethan came to help while Jackson and Tasha amused Jasper. Mom has been working over-time by cooking, shopping, cleaning, doing laundry, changing diapers, rocking Josie, reading books, playing with Jasper... you name it. Not much of a vacation on her part, but she has really made this work project possible. After kicking butt on the room, Sarah and Ethan whisked Jasper off to his first hockey game. He returned over six hours later, exhausted and unconscious and deliciously happy. My greatest concern was that he would wake up the next morning and declare that he no longer wanted to live with us. The Hipples are way more fun. Fortunately, he still seems content enough to have us as parents. We took advantage of our single-child evening by going out to dinner with Mom. Today Jeff Pyle gallantly arrived to help start repairing the nearly 100 year old plaster walls, kicking similar ass and thus saving the day. After having a good cry about how much lead dust we are potentially pumping into the air of our home and the blood of our baby who puts everything in her mouth, I went out and spent nearly $500 on various vacuum cleaners and air filters. I now feel ready to attack that ubiquitous enemy: dust. After a good night's rest.

1 comment:

hannah said...

I completely understand your lead dust freak out - I had the same concerns when we started our renovation project. I try to calm myself by remembering that I gnawed at the lead paint covering my crib throughout my toddler years (it tasted so sweet!) and still turned out pretty well....