Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring Flings



Sunny skies and warm temperatures made slush puppies of our snow banks and afforded us a picnic lunch at the park.









Josie got her first real taste/ feel of grass, and seemed authentically suspicious.




The wiffle balls finally thawed out of the ice blocks, so Peter and Jasper had a good round of baseball in the back yard. Josie played outfield.




This evening Peter got everyone fed and to bed while I went to The Children's Place's annual auction. Remind me next year NOT to go to the auction alone, and NOT to drink a beer before bidding. When I went to cash out at the end of the evening, somehow I had 17 items, including archery lessons and a bright pink hand knit sweater t-shirt that is too small for me. Other big ticket items include a hand woven carpet from Pakistan (gorgeous and a steal) and a month membership at my favorite yoga studio. You will ALL be getting items from the auction for upcoming birthdays and Christmas. But it was all so cheap! And the Children's Place has been a great resource to me as a new and now old-and-haggard mom. The money is going to a good place. Peter points out that it is also coming from a good place: our bank account. I'll keep working on that blockbusting novel.

2 comments:

hannah said...

What on earth is going on with the tree trunk in the picture where Peter is hoisting Josie in the air? Is that a face on the tree, or am I imagining things?

Unknown said...

Uncle Scott gave us the tree face last year. I swear it winks at me sometimes.