Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Many Questions


Whenever we are traveling in the car these days we love to play a game that Jasper has dubbed, "Many Questions," although I have tried to call it, "Three Facts." I think of something and then tell him three facts about it. For example, "I am thinking of a person. He is a boy; he lives in Tuftonboro; and he is Tasha's big brother." Then Jasper guesses. "Jackson!" He has become very good at the guessing part. This weekend he started thinking of the thing and then giving the clues. He stumped Peter and I on: "I am thinking of an animal. It lived a long, LONG time ago. It flies. And it has sharp teeth." We guessed dinosaurs, and many flying animals without teeth, as well as toothy animals that don't fly, presuming his two year old understanding of the world had led him to mislead us. Finally, he told us: A DRAGON! Of course! How could we have missed it?! A flying animal with big teeth born a long, LONG time ago (in a land far away). Car trips are suddenly much more tolerable.

1 comment:

Mlle. Danielle said...

very cute new photos & info. about your kids. sounds like spring is good for your family! i have a question for Jasper - what toys did he just LOVE when he was about 2?