Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sick-OH!

Meme and Pepe (my folks) are here for the weekend. From the moment they arrived yesterday I have felt as if I am "off duty," with two extra pairs of hands to play with trucks and hold babies. Jasper was polite and content all day (well, most of the day), despite the fact that he had thrown up three times the night before and once in the morning. He is definitely under the weather. Peter and I feel similarly peaked, but it may be from having lost some sleep the night of the Vomiting. Jasper threw up all over his sheets, floor and me. Then Peter changed all of the sheets (and vacuumed up the puke) while I consoled Jasper in the guest room. Then we brought Jasper back to his room where he puked all over everything again. Repeat the process.

Today we are laying low and waiting out the winter storm blowing through. After the ice storm passes, we will head north tomorrow morning to Craftsbury Outdoor Center for a day and night of skiing and fatty food. We all could use a little fresh air.

No comments: