
This morning we bundled up in several layers of fleece and wool (the temperature was in the teens, at best) and headed to the swimming pool. Jasper has been to four swim classes now, and he is already swimming "by himself" (with a floatation bubble the size of his torso strapped to his back). He is an enthusiastic swimmer, but seems to possess a healthy fear of the water. The class is intended to familiarize toddlers with the water and increase their comfort level, but Jasper is already swimming into the deep end after balls and demanding to jump off the side unassisted.

The young teacher generously allows him to dictate the lesson, and he gets in a good workout. To make the most of his monthly membership, we go to practice at the pool a couple of times a week. It's a great release for an otherwise confined two year old (and his mother). Josie seems to like the sound of splashing water and the rippling reflection of the lights on the ceiling. She also enjoys the gaggle of 6 - 10 year old girls who hover by her carseat in the locker room.
I went to meet with my principal today regarding my fate for next year. My full time position is reserved for me and available, if I want it. While I am feeling a little stir crazy and look forward to working, and our savings is rapidly being depleated, I can't imagine working full time next year. A regular full-time job, perhaps. But teaching, which is realisticaly a 60 hour per week job for me, if I am to do it justice, may take us all over the edge. Once I factor in the cost of day care, is part time work possible? The good news is that I have several more months of limitless time with my children, and how many people can say that?
No comments:
Post a Comment