Monday, September 29, 2008

First Day

I left the house before the kids were up, so I was eager to see them after Josie's first day of "school." When I finally arrived with Jasper in tow, there was a three ring binder on top of the mailboxes outside the infant room. There was a big glossy page of smiling Josies, with a description of her first day. She spent the morning wanting to be held by her caregivers (which she was), and the afternoon exploring the classroom. "Welcome, Josie!" As we entered the room, I saw Josie in the arms of one of the teachers. She was covered in what looked like food, or spit... and I was a bit taken aback. On closer inspection I could see she was covered in flour. She had been playing in flour at the tactile table. She has always wanted to play in flour. Heaven for babies. The teachers confirmed that she was clingy today, but did not fuss and had a great nap. I predict she settles in by the weekend. Thank God.

On Friday she turns one. Impossible.

1 comment:

Mlle. Danielle said...

Wonderful. Now she will not have to use flour to make prints with her breasts/feet/shoulders when she is in college. She has gotten that out of her system ;)