Sunday, September 14, 2008

Daycare Drop Out


Josie has officially been dismissed from daycare. Tomorrow is my first day of having a House Husband. Peter is taking 1 - 2 weeks off of work to take care of Josie and other business around the house. I find myself fantasizing about coming home after a long day's work to a hot meal  on the table. The laundry done. The house clean. The kids immaculate and ready for quality time. After I sit down to a relaxing meal with my family, Peter will do all of the dishes while I give the kids a bath and read bedtime stories. Smells of mulled cider and fresh bread (not the Yankee Candle variety) will fill the house. Not that this even comes CLOSE to describing Peter's evenings when I was the house spouse. Inevitably the yard, living room and kitchen were a mess, the kids starving, and dinner at least thirty minutes from the table. I would be so exhausted from chasing after a two year old all day, I hardly had energy to clean up from supper. I have a feeling Peter is going to make a far better domestic than I ever did. Josie is already relaxing into the change.

2 comments:

jamesmoed said...

hey JPJJ

I'm a new fan of the blog! The blissfull blondness of it all brightens up the gloomy london fall.. xo - james M

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying it, too...your prose is succinct and beautiful and gets to the heart of things. xx, jessi