Monday, September 8, 2008

Freddie M. Freenball

Pepe swung by for a visit this evening. He has a client in Andover, MA, so combines business with pleasure trips to us every couple of months. Jasper anxiously anticipates his visits, and the chance to sit on his lap and listen to stories about Freddie M. Freenball for hours. Freddie is a character who grew up once when I was a girl, and seems to be doing so again through Jasper's childhood. Jasper fixes his stare on Pepe's face and hangs on to every word as Freddie and his sister Freeda battle dragons and monsters and dinosaurs and whatever other spooky antagonists Jasper dreams up. I usually have to rush off to do the dishes or change a diaper or take advantage of Jasper's preoccupation in some way. But I always tempted to linger and listen and revel in my father's exquisite and familiar narrative.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: