Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Orchard Night

On Wednesdays we gather at the Orchard, up on Carter Hill. This was the first cool evening of the season, with everyone digging in their cars for sweaters and blankets as the sun dipped behind Kearsarge Mountain in the west. It's a mixed crew of families with children under the age of ten. The parents gossip and complain about politics while the kids steal apples and throw hay and climb on the largest pumpkins already harvested for the October porches. It's a great time, a consolation prize for the end of summer.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Andrew said...

en and Sadie. (Andrew is in Greece, but back tomorrow.) I think at one time my whole pay check went to day care, too. I wonder how many folks out there do the same thing? Probably lots. Anyway, I'm glad my granddaughter is enrolled in a technical college at such as young age....

P.S. This is Meme, not Andrew, writing...