Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Summer Produce

We are making the most of the bounty of summer, despite the fact that we do not have a garden this year. With all the traveling we have done, the weeds outgrew out spinach crop in June and I gave up. Josie feasted on beets from our CSA share today and was in heaven. Arm flapping, drooling, grunting heaven.

The raspberry patch in our backyard is in full swing, so we have berries for breakfast, snack and dessert. Strawberries are done, but blueberry season just started, and will last for six weeks. We are swimming in lettuce, swiss chard, and all sorts of squash from our CSA and friends. Then there is the fresh garlic, peas, beans, TOMATOES, basil, mint... I don't see how we survive winter, really.

1 comment:

Shannon Lea said...

Glad you guys have fresh fruit! I'm enjoying the berries in my back yard/forest here too :0)