Four days ago I started praying, having resorted to all other means to no avail. I did not relax my search methods, but I consciously enlisted God as a contractor in my campaign. Yesterday, I found her. She lives across the street from Maureen who is friends with Susan who works at the Children's place where I volunteer. She is a mother of two precocious, well-behaved girls who are both in school all day (ages six and nine). She lives less than two minutes from Jasper's preschool. She has a DEGREE IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION! She has been doing in-home childcare for SIXTEEN YEARS! She takes in four kids, two little ones and two three year olds. She has a FENCED IN BACK YARD on a quiet street and two spacious play rooms. She lived in Burlington when we did and moved here five years ago when we did. She doesn't turn on the TV except for PBS in the morning for the three year old (and Disney after school, her daughter confessed). She is $25 a week over our budget, but we can cut corners elsewhere. She related well to Josie. It is the perfect place for our precious darling. THANK GOD! And Maureen Simpson and Susan and the Children's Place.
There is no greater peace of mind than knowing (or at least feeling) that your child will be in good hands while you make your living.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yay!
Post a Comment