Yesterday was a triple sweep: Obama officially won the most pledged delegates, essentially sealing the nomination. The Celtics won the first game of their semi-finals series against Detroit (I think.... or something like that). And Sedona Rose Howell, my first neice, was born! When Jasper learned that his baby cousin was indeed a girl, he said, "Tell Aunt Karen to name it a boy cousin." Sedona may be a unique name but it is definitely feminine, so no luck there. I assured him that she may have a passion for trucks and Spiderman in any case, and that they could still wrestle one day. We can't wait to meet her this weekend. While becoming a parent is exhilarating, there is all sorts of fear and anxiety beneath the bliss. Becoming an Auntie has no such baggage. I really won't be able to fuck this kid up. At the very worst I will be that eccentric, emotional, unpredictable, quirky aunt who never shows up on time to holidays. But no biggie. An eccentric, emotional, unpredictable, quirky mother who never shows up on time is a problem. I am very glad to be a mother, but I can't wait to be an aunt!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Three Cheers!
Yesterday was a triple sweep: Obama officially won the most pledged delegates, essentially sealing the nomination. The Celtics won the first game of their semi-finals series against Detroit (I think.... or something like that). And Sedona Rose Howell, my first neice, was born! When Jasper learned that his baby cousin was indeed a girl, he said, "Tell Aunt Karen to name it a boy cousin." Sedona may be a unique name but it is definitely feminine, so no luck there. I assured him that she may have a passion for trucks and Spiderman in any case, and that they could still wrestle one day. We can't wait to meet her this weekend. While becoming a parent is exhilarating, there is all sorts of fear and anxiety beneath the bliss. Becoming an Auntie has no such baggage. I really won't be able to fuck this kid up. At the very worst I will be that eccentric, emotional, unpredictable, quirky aunt who never shows up on time to holidays. But no biggie. An eccentric, emotional, unpredictable, quirky mother who never shows up on time is a problem. I am very glad to be a mother, but I can't wait to be an aunt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment