Sleep - Josie is still waking up to nurse at least three times between 8 pm and 6 am. I try not to feed her after 11 or before 5, but in the middle of the night when my entire being will do anything to be unconscious again, I am not always so good at saying no. If Peter intercepts, we have a greater success rate. We experimented with having Josie sleep in the room with Jasper, thinking a miracle might occur if she could not smell the dairy bar. No such luck. And the night wakings were far more stressful as I sprinted down the hall before Jasper woke up. The good news is Jasper never woke up... But Josie is back in our room. Can't wait to get that final coat of paint on the kids room this weekend.
Food - Josie is eating up a storm these days. She seems to prefer savory to sweet. She loves feeding herself green beans and cheerios and anything she can get her hands on. This weekend she lunged for Peter's scone when he wasn't looking and successfully got a mouthful. Jasper has been a bit under the weather so she has been easily eating more than him at meal times. Since she is eating more she is nursing less and my boobs are killing me because of it.
Poop (BEWARE: DESCRIPTIONS OF BODILY FUNCTIONS FOLLOW.)- Jasper has had wicked diarrhea all week. He's a real trooper about it, making it to the potty (or almost) every time. Not sure of the source, but we are READY for it to be over. We've gone through a dozen bananas and several quarts of apple sauce. As for Josie, she is also using the potty... or actually the sink. Upon a friend's suggestion, whenever I change her diaper I hold her over the sink, facing the mirror and say "pisssssssssssss" into her ear, or run the water, or both. About 50% of the time, she actually pees. Twice she has pooped (luckily after we were able to move her to the toilet). She seems to recognize the signal to pee. I'm not really sure where this is going, but at the very least it has saved us a couple of wet diapers. And I'm so proud. (note: in this picture the kids have blueberries on their faces, not poop.)
No comments:
Post a Comment