Friday, May 9, 2008

Taylor

One of the seventeen items I unintentionally won at the Children's Place Charitable Auction was two tickets to see the Taylor 2 dance company at our local arts center. It was a steal. Peter has never been to the Capitol Center for the Arts or seen Paul Taylor's work. It seemed like an obvious purchase. So last night, Tim and Joanie, who are basically our caretakers (helping with house projects, yard work, and babysitting, watched the kids while Peter and I went to the show. It was, as Jasper would say, awesome. Six dancers, three dances, only a few hundred audience members if that. Intimate, passionate, athletic, political. Jasper has been really enjoying "dancing" recently. God, I hope he keeps it up. We should all be dancers. The experience did make me wonder if I will ever dance again. These days I can hardly touch my toes.

No comments: