He has had trouble sleeping the past few nights. We start the bedtime routine at 7, but he has not been asleep until 9:30 or 10. In an attempt to afford him a longer night's sleep, I experimented with skipping his nap today. He thwarted my efforts by falling asleep in the stroller, but only for 45 minutes. He was an energetic, happy two year old all afternoon. I ran him at the Y open gym for 30 minutes (we essentially did laps). I took him to the snow covered playground and he pushed Josie part way home in the stroller. Peter wrestled with him when he got home. However, it is almost 9 and he is still pattering down the stairs every ten minutes claiming he can't sleep. Perhaps we will resort to tranquilizers next.
Josie has not yet settled into a regular nap schedule. She sleeps often, when she can, about an hour at a time, about every two hours. I am not looking forward to the time when she becomes more routinized, because she is so darn convenient right now. I am sure that day is not so far in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment