Yesterday while I was doing a little therapy shopping at L.L.Bean (I have five baby showers in the next two months, so I felt justified), Jasper announced to the sales clerk, "I need to go potty," while he was playing in the kayaks. She smiled and shared the information with me. I said, "That means he's already peed in his pants." Her smile wilted. Sure enough, there was an impressive puddle in the bottom of the kayak and Jasper's pants were soaked. Luckily everything in a kayak is fairly water repellant, so we had the mess cleaned up in no time... about as long as it took Jasper to remove his pants and underwear. No coaxing would get him to put his clothes back on, so I turned my efforts to finding a pair of cheap pants. Now Jasper is the proud owner of a stunning fleece orange camo shirt and pants set. Just in time, because yesterday he finally retired his batman costume, declaring, "It's too big for me. Jackson can wear it now."
After swim class today (when Jasper clung to my neck the entire time and refused to swim) we drove down to Manchester for the annual Farm and Forest Exposition at the Radisson. Everyone could use a little State Fair in the middle of winter. Unfortunately, I left the camera. Peter was working the Forest Society booth, so we met him at the end of his shift and took in the sights. Maple products, wool, honey, live goats and a llama, tractors, and Smokey the Bear (or "the smoke bear," as Jasper says) were among our favorite attractions. Josie giggled her way through the entire event, and then started fussing as soon as we left. She really enjoys a good party.
Friday, February 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment