Sunday night we went to Erica's annual Tamale Party. Next month it will be two years since Pablo's arrival from Guatemala. Although the party is not an intentional commemoration of Pablo's union with their family, I like to think of it as such. Jasper and Pablo are good buds. They love each other. They also torture and taunt each other. They can't wait to see one another, and then within three minutes of saying hello someone is crying. They either cry because the other is playing with a toy he wants, or because the other won't play with a toy he wants him to play with. They have a lot of trouble sharing. My favorite anecdote is from when we went blueberry picking last summer. We were standing in a field of blueberry bushes, literally millions of blueberries, and they fought over the same blueberry. Occasionally the arguments turn to blows, and then someone or everyone gets a time out. But their favorite part is making up, which always involves hugs and kisses and promises of improved behavior. It's like a dysfuncitonal romantic relationship. They each cried at least twice during the Tamale Party. But when it was time to clean up, and they each got their own vacuum cleaner, they made a perfect team.
I will add photos later... I'm having trouble loading the pics.
I will add photos later... I'm having trouble loading the pics.
No comments:
Post a Comment