Thursday, February 28, 2008

More ^%$#^& Snow

By last count we have had 96" of snow this year. The record is 122", and at this rate we may beat it by May. Veritable glaciers line the streets, creating narrow one lane corridors that provide for interesting games of "chicken" with SUVs during rush hour. The city is having trouble figuring out where to put the snow. As are we. The banks on either side of our drive way are so tall that I can no longer shovel the snow over them. It's positively ridiculous. But while I curse the snow each time I wake up and realize we have to dig the cars out again, I am secretly thrilled and impressed with our winter. If we don't see this much snow for a generation, Jasper and Josie will be pissed that this winter was "wasted" on their early years.






Josie is amazing. She goes along with every plan and punch. While she still politely passes out when things get particularly uncomfortable (sledding with a screaming Jasper on Monday, for example), she is often quietly awake, observant, patient. She smiles and laughs to make tense situations more pleasant. She pacifies us all. I am so thankful that she has come into our family. I have a feeling she will teach us all a few lessons about living life gracefully. She is her Papa's girl, that's for sure.

No comments: