Friday, December 7, 2007

She lives!


Josie has undergone a major transformation in the past few days from sleepy lump of flesh to BABY! She is awake for longer stretches during the day, and is generally a smiley, talkative girl. It's much more interesting, but I have gotten quite used to having a sleepy lump of flesh, which does not require much effort to maintain. Now I find myself wondering what I am actually supposed to DO with an awake baby. It has cut into my productive time during Jasper's nap, because we can get in some mama baby play time while he sleeps. When Jasper is awake, he generally takes care of the entertaining. As I anticipated, her evolution into full fledged baby has its drawbacks too: her fussy time in the evening has been lengthening and intensifying, causing Peter and I to get in a little cardio workout by pacing the floors and bouncing between 8 and 10 pm. But I will take the fussing with the smiles any day.

Peter took Jasper to see the "Tivity" (nativity) Thursday night, next to the Christmas tree near the State House (there's not too much effort to express cultural diversity in NH). He was entranced. When they got home, Jasper told me: "I saw Jesus Christ Was Born...and she had a horsey." I suppose that's more or less it!

No comments: