I don't know where our camera is, so I will have to upload photos, later. We had a busy weekend, rushing between fun activities in order to stay warm. Peter canvassed in the cold on Saturday while I went hunting for provisions with the kids. The Hipple kids came over on Saturday night and we went Glow Bowling at our neighborhood bowling alley (Jackson's birthday present from eight months ago). Jasper won and Jackson got the only strike! Tasha had the most impressive game, however, managing to put three balls into the gutter (we had a gutter bumper). It was a blast. Sunday I took Jas and Jos to church for basically the first time ever. I was feeling like I should talk to Jasper a bit about the OTHER central character of Christmas, this Jesus guy. He asked great questions all the way through the service, which was a little conspicuous since there were no other children in the main chapel. He kept asking, "Is Jesus going to take me?" I guess I am hoping that by introducing church at a young age, it will not be so alluring when he is a lost soul in his 20s and Jesus will NOT take him, per se. After they lit the Advent candle, we snuck out and found the day care room.
Today is a snow day. He have well over six inches and it is still coming down. We walked down to Rite Aid (I walked, Jasper and Josie rode) to get shovels and a sled. Then we played in the snow with friends who live a few blocks away. Jasper had his first cup of coa-coa with marshmellows. I was shocked when he proceeded to sit quietly in his chair and draw/ make up stories for the next half hour. I was sure he was going to have a nervous breakdown from all the sugar. With hot coa-coa on our side, we will make it through the winter for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment