Jasper and Josie get in plenty of cuddle time each day. They start out cuddling in bed while mama and papa get dressed, and carefully referee. Jasper checks on her throughout the day, delivering kisses, pinches, hugs, tugs, and head butts in equal supply. They cuddle while reading books before nap time. They cuddle in the car, which usually consists of periodic pokes across car seats. Josie is amazingly tolerant of her brother's tough love. She has started fussing out of boredom and loneliness in addition to hunger, but is quickly satisfied when her brother's booming face comes into view. He is the first to get a smile out of her. Several times a day he will say, "I love ya," or "I'm so proud of her," or "She's amazing!" Which, of couse, she is.
Friday, November 30, 2007
Sibling Camaraderie
It's been a couple of quiet days of play dates and keeping house. I try to wrangle everyone outside at least once a day. Yesterday the stars aligned and by some miracle I managed to get us all to the Y in time for open swim. Josie slept next to the life guard while Jasper and I splashed with about 30 of the kids from the after school program. I totally forgot about his wounds until we were in the changing room and there was no turning back. His bandages practically dissolved in the highly contaminated, highly chlorinated pool to reveal a cut that is healing just fine.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment