Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Snow Day!




I remember growing up in DC and singing "Over the river and through the woods..." every year in music class around this time. I always wondered why a Thanksgiving song would reference snow. It doesn't snow before Thanksgiving. Oh, yes it does! I have been not-so-secretly dreading the winter. Jasper is so fussy about putting on any clothes these days, I figured snow would make us shut-ins for sure. To my astonishment and delight he was anxious to put on his mittens and snow pants and head outside for digging, sledding, building, marching, shoveling. The first words out of his mouth when he saw the first snowflakes were, "Can we go skating?" I am not sure he knows what skating is, but I look forward to an introduction when the White Park pond finally freezes over. Josie gracefully handled the extreme climate change as she does all things in life: she fell asleep. She is such a merciful soul. I look forward to many mornings ahead, exhausting ourselves with piles and piles of glorious snow (and I write it here so I may eat my words later when I am cursing the weather as I attempt to dig out our cars).

No comments: