Monday, October 27, 2008

The Crummies



Uncles Andrew and Karen visited this weekend with cousin Sadie. It was great to see how close in age Sadie and Josie will be, destined to make wonderful trouble together. There is really no better relationship than cousins. Siblings will always harbor rivalries, demands and complications. Cousins carry little baggage and much amusement. We will try to make these less occasional than distance demands. That said, it was great to see my own sibling and reconnect after months of emails and long distance phone calls.

Unfortunately, I woke up Saturday morning with a sore throat and fever that has blossomed into full blown strep. After two solid days fighting a 104 fever, aches and pains, and knives in my neck, I hope to be on the road to recovery. A couple of hours at the emergency medical center yesterday produced a presciption for amoxocillin which should do the trick. Peter has been a nobel husband and the kids have been great, popping in once in a while to cuddle and smile and ask me if I am feeling better. I hope to make it to school tomorrow. Sub plans are way harder than showing up.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I hope you feel better soon, sis! It was a wonderful weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Good catching up on the blog today, in spite of reading about all the "bugs" going around. I hope by now everyone is better and all the "bugs" are dead or dormant. To Josie: naps are fun.