Last week the grandparents insisted that Josie is the first child in history to talk before she can crawl. They claimed that she said "mama" in direct reference to me, demanded "mum mum" (food) from her high chair, and "woofed" at the sight of Sly Dog (it was more of an "unh!" really). Although I am the first to brag about my baby girl, I feel strongly that these were all chance utterances and not discriminate words. Last week she was not talking. But yesterday she did! I swear she knows Peter as Papa and called him by name, repeatedly last night. And then again this morning on the way to the sitter's. I officially proclaim that "Papa" (or more precisely "papapapapapapa," was Josie's first word. This evening she seemed to have "mum mum" down pat, but we need a few more successful trials at meal times to be certain. Unfortunately, she learned to crawl the day before, so no world record for Jo. (We call it the "Commando Crawl," or the "G.I. Jo," involving the elbows, knees, and occasionally the face.)Jasper may be a Mama's Boy, but Josie is growing up to be a Daddy's Girl for sure.
We returned to the doctor today to have her head measured again. It continues to grow faster than her body, shooting off the charts like it means to approach infinity, and they are officially concerned. We will be heading up to Lebanon for an MRI a.s.a.p. But I'm not worried. If you look up "hydrocephalus," the symptoms included bulging eyes, difficulty tracking, irritability, sleepiness, etc. The only symptom she does have is a big head. Personally, I think it comes from all the adoring grandparents.
1 comment:
She DID talk before she crawled. Believe me, she did. I was there and heard it!!!!!
Post a Comment