Six Years ago Peter and I were married at Eagle Camp in South Hero, VT. During the ceremony my minister insisted on giving a religious sermon on the parable about Jesus turning water into wine (John 2:1-12), and considering he was traveling all the way from DC to officiate, Peter and I didn't try to dissuade him (though we were skeptical... This was about US and not JESUS, right?). It seemed like a stock sermon that he used for weddings... But I was particularly touched by the lesson. "Everyone serves the good wine first, and when the guests have drunk freely,then that which is worse. You have kept the good wine until now!" Rev. John David assured us that our marriage would get sweeter, richer, more complex, more potent with time. And how right he was. I am increasingly impressed by and in love with this man who just gets more handsome, daring and nuanced by the day. Indeed, some days I feel positively drunk with him.
1 comment:
How lovely. Congratulations on your journey. Here's to marriage intoxication...
Post a Comment