At the end of this year, 2009, I find myself soaking in happiness, like mineral water. Though Peter lost his job this year, my father's only brother died, most friends have passed through some state of crisis or limbo, and the world has been going to hell in a hand basket, things feel good. The children have grown and ripened. My husband amazes me every day with his devotion and talents. I have found small successes in my work. We are healthy. What more could I possibly ask for?
So now time for resolutions. They are the same as every year. The areas in which I struggle and will inevitably fail. But this is my one chance to put them back on the radar.
- Exercise more
- Write every day
I thought of including, " - Stop being so god damned passive aggressive, and - Don't get fired," but those seem a bit too ambitious. Exercise and writing. And maintain this appreciation for happiness while it exists.
No comments:
Post a Comment